View Single Post
Old 2010-10-22, 13:18   Link #54
Nerroth
NePoi!

This episode only reinforced the feeling of... I'm not sure how to put it.

I guess it's part of the problem with the format, with it only covering a certain period of time, and only from the perspective of one guy dealing with a single girl at a time, but...

...when you see how the other girls are doing (or, at least, some of them) it's kind of a bother to be left with the impression that their lives are so badly disadvantaged to not have the Male Protagonist involved in them.

Haruka seems fine enough, as does Rihoko (though I guess her arc will tell more as to what she would be 'missing'); Sae has Miya there to have fun with, and I don't recall seeing much of Kaoru at the festival, now that I think of it.

But even then, Sae has that shyness which stopped her from being involved in the contest. But on the other hand, I suppose Miya's friendship would have more of a lasting impact, I guess.

It was really troubling to see Tsukasa left all alone, though. Sure, you could say that at a later point in her life, she might find someone who can do something about that; but given the way the story is told (where things cut off at a certain point) there'd be no way to say one way or another what would happen.

(Unless you write your own story, that is.)

I dunno, maybe I'm thinking about it too much; but while I like the show, it's not always easy to overlook the issues I have with the way it's set up.