View Single Post
Old 2006-10-28, 08:01   Link #116
hoon
7ON

Some of the "rare" animes posted on this thread aren't rare and are pretty recent O_o.

The most rarest and obscure anime I've seen is Robot Carnival, according to AnimeNews (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/colu...sure.php?id=1). Didn't even know it was rare until I saw that last night.

There is also A Dog of Flanders, which is based off a well-known story. The anime is pretty famous in Asia (often parodied on TV) but I don't think it's known in the stateside.

And while on the subject of famous story-turned-anime rarities, Anime Sanjushi (The Three Muskateers) is another one I remember. There's a torrent up for episode 1 on this site but I think only few people snatched it.

One I'm not so sure about is Mado King Granzort. I find it weird that it has so little fanbase. I'm guessing it just wasn't very popular and didn't get much hype when it aired.

There are few more I want to write in here but I can't remember the names. :[

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxanimefan4_ever View Post
most of these are un-fansubbed and unlicensed in U.S.A.:

anpan man - weirdest superhero anime

Brave of the Legend Dagarn - boring shonen, i dont konw how I watched it.

cinderella story - anime about cinderella, very frustrating... cinderella is always and nice and everyone is always mean to her but at the same time I hate cinderella.

Dash! Kappei -extremely funny 80's anime

dragon quest: dai's/abel adventure - I watched it but I'm never gonna re-watch.

eto rangers - one of favorites as a kid.

fairy princess minky momo

Hono-no Tokyuji Dotji Tanpei - dodgeball anime with fire?

iron leaguer- I like this one a lot even though it is shonen/sports with robots, dont' know why, don't really remember

keroko demetan - very frustrating, too bad I don't remember the end. (this boy frog gets beat up like every episode by the girl (who like each other) frog's father I think. I think it was because he was pooooor and the fact he doesn't like him around his daughter.

kimba the white lion - i saw maybe an ep maybe at the most, but I remember hating anime.

magical angel sweet mint - fun magical girl

maribel - cute magical girl

NG Knight Lamune & 40 - shonen/mecha but I liked it cause it was funny

Onengai Samia - very fun anime for kids

yadamon - don't remember if I even saw the last ep.
Is it safe to assume that you're Korean or you grew up there? Half of those series were very popular in Korea while I was there.

And.. Dagarn isn't boring! I love it to death even to this day! Makes GaoGaiGar especially more entertaining. Then again, I love robot series in general, especially ones that are infested with cliches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PILMAN View Post
The rarest I seen is Hey! Bumboo. It was some car named Bumpity Boo. It was a really old series, I think it stopped airing in 1988. I had it on tape, and may still have it somewhere.

Also I guess Little Nemo is rare as someone mentioned earlier, I owned the tape but again don't know where that is too. I also had the NES game and may still have it.
The yellow car looking for his mother! He gets a power-up when he smells flowers! IIRC, Hey! Bumboo! was done by the same people who made Maya the Bee, which aired in NA about 10 years ago. People just assume that those are cartoons rather than animes and are often surprised when they find out.

This thread is a trip to some of my fondest chlidhood memories. Little Nemo is also one of my most favorite movies to date. Pujama pujama pujuma--so on and so forth.

Makes me sad that some of these are hard to find without having to resort to expensive import DVDs. Thanks to this thread, I might crack and buy another DVD set, most likely Sweet Mint.
hoon is offline   Reply With Quote