View Single Post
Old 2012-12-26, 22:14   Link #2137
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
What I found a bit weird here was Harue jumping right into Kuro training the moment Kuro gets back to Team Achiga's room... even while this match is still ongoing! I mean, wow, shouldn't the team be focusing on Yuu's competition now? And then on Ako's competition? Wouldn't you want to save specialized training until the full match is over?

I mean, if I was one of the other members of Team Achiga, I'd probably feel like Harue was giving Kuro preferential treatment compared to the rest of the team, arguably to the point that Harue was neglecting the rest of the team. I could maybe understand this if Kuro was to this team what Gretzky was to the Oilers or what Jordan was to the Bulls, but I didn't think Kuro was that much better than the rest of her team.
In this case, I thought it to be an understandable thing to do. The thing about Kuro's dora hoarding power is that it stops working for a while the moment she discards a single dora like she did in that last hand against Teru. Thus Kuro, in her current state, cannot gather the dora, which would be a huge handicap in a normal match. As such, her only choice if she wants to survive against Teru a second time is to recover her power (by playing LOTS of games) in the event that they do make it to the finals.

And yes. Teru is the probably among the coolest characters we've had in the series so far. She's a nice contrast to Awai, who seems quite full of herself.