View Single Post
Old 2006-06-26, 15:57   Link #226
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
If you want to see real God-Mod screw Haruhi and go watch Ideon, the thing just bloody does what it wants half the time when the Ide Gauge tops out and unlike in Suzimya Haruhi No Yuutsu there's nobody there to pick up the pieces (and let me tell you there's usually nothing left to pick up unlike with Haruhi's little parlour tricks)
Any odd creature can destroy things. You don't need to be a deity to do that.

I find your outburst most worrying... Is there something troubling you? The whole "Haruhi isn't a god! She can't kill people as quickly as Ideon!!!" doesn't sound like a strong argument.

Have you seen Rahxephon? The main mecha in that universe can certainly kill a lot of people... But it could also rebuild what it destroys. Power is a lot more than turning things into destructive energy; it's also about turning energy into constructive things.

How about "Somedays Dreamers"? The magic in that world is well established. Mages can easily summon fireballs, levitate dozens of cars off the road at once with their mind, and twist buildings into pretel shapes. But they could not heal the sick or help the injured anymore than pain relief. It was easier to destroy than to create.

Haruhi can create. That's why Yuki's people, even though godlike as they already are, cares about her. Haruhi can create what has never existed, or even could not have existed.