View Single Post
Old 2013-01-09, 13:03   Link #9196
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Ruka isn't trying to buy Hayate off. She's simply being what the manga has described her as. A very earnest and straightforward girl. "Hayate can't date because he has to concentrate on paying back his debt? No problem, I will help him pay off the debt with all my might" It's not because she thinks this will automatically win her Hayate.
But she doesn't want Nagi's help. Yes, she is a very honest and straightforward girl, but it doesn't change the fact that she is butting into Hayate's business by attempting to manage his debt with her own hands.

There is nothing inherently wrong with it, but it's not some privilege or right that she's allowed to do either.

The same can be said for Nagi. There is nothing wrong with her refusing Ruka claim over Hayate's debt, because 1)she is the one Hayate is indebted to, and 2) she sees the debt as the only thing keeping Hayate together with her.

You act as if Nagi is doing something wrong while Ruka gets a free pass. That's where I disagree: technically, Nagi does have the right to Hayate, but that's not the point. Romantically, these are just two girls not willing to give up on the man they love. Neither one of them is more "right" or "wrong" than the other, even if one of them is more likable.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote