View Single Post
Old 2013-01-06, 04:04   Link #2300
Draugur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuraGuraMan View Post
If you want to see how she draw Takano, why don't you just look at scrrenshots/scans of Matsuribayashi ?
Sorry, you got me wrong about this. I know how she draws Takano, I just don't like this particular character design. Takano looks much more mysterious and captivating in Yutori Houjyou's Watanagashi-hen and Meakashi-hen. Suzuragi designs her rather like a witch from a fairytale, so you can easily see she's an evil character.

Quote:
And come on, the saving Satoko is clearly one of the most exciting parts of the serie (or at least in the VN and manga... Seriously it was boring in the anime), Kei is the best for this kind of thing, of course he is the main here. Plus he don't do much in Matsuribayashi, everyone had a shinning moment in the story, so what is the problem ?
Ryukishi wanted to make sure the reader likes Keiichi in Minagoroshi, by any means. So he wrote very much dialogue about how great Keiichi is. I think he just overdid it. It's rather tedious. Another thing I didn't like is the Oryou scene. When they visited Oryou, I expected a great argument between Keiichi or his friends and Oryou or Akane. But instead of convincing her rhetorically, he told her he would strangle her if she didn't support him. Twice. What is so great about that? Why did Oryou agree after being threatened like this? Even if she wanted to forgive Satoko herself, why would she want everyone to know she gave in to such a stupid threat? I know this is about not losing face, but wouldn't the best way for Oryou to decide herself that she forgives the Houjou family and not to wait until a youngster comes and threatens her? Well, maybe it's just me who doesn't understand it all, but in my own personal opinion this is my least favourite part of the story, which doesn't mean it's bad. I just don't like it as much as the others.

About shining moments: I think Keiichi is the only character who gets this kind of superstar treatment. Other characters have to kill people to get attention in Higurashi.

Quote:
In the manga adaptations, Tsumi is clearly the best, as good as the original and doesn't just copy it.
It's my favourite chapter in the anime and the novel. I'm not so sure about the manga.

Quote:
Btw I randomly got Hinamizawa bus stop. First it's in one volume, and 10 chapters. There are more easter egg chars (Irie, Takano and an adult Rena), The end is FUCKIN gory, didn't expect that at all. I really hope someone will continue it, since it's not THAT long (well.. Still 7 chapters)
I know only three chapters of Bus Stop. Is there an english release of those 10 chapters?
Draugur is offline   Reply With Quote