View Single Post
Old 2008-10-14, 13:41   Link #84
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
It's hard to do a proper judgement when one's expectations are so completely misaligned, so I won't say too much except that I wasn't terribly impressed. But there are two things in particular that I didn't like and I think I can safely assume that I can make comments on them independent of expectation. The first is the dialogue. It's awful. "There's no need to kill anyone over such a trifling matter." Puu-leease. The second is the fairly contrived premise. Fairies, earls and inherited islands. Isn't it all just an excuse for these two to go on an adventure together. I can see the premise being quickly relegated to "plot device" status.
It's not that I think the show is brilliant--or even one of the season's best--but I didn't see anything particularly wrong with the dialogue. Especially in that scene, which I thought was well done overall, and told us something about Raven's character, that he would begin to react with almost scary blood-lust over a few scratches to his master's throat. And, likewise, the fact that Edgar is so casual, meaning that this matter might be "trifling", but he probably has no issue with setting Raven upon people when it serves his interests.

And, to be honest, I'm not sure why someone would go into show called Earl and Fairy and expect...BokuIta and Emma? High school romance in Victorian England? The title itself tells you to expect fairies, earls, and, yeah implies "adventure". I don't think you can blame a show for truth in advertising.
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote