View Single Post
Old 2014-02-18, 02:59   Link #10
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Anyway, I feel a bit surprised seeing that there seem to be a lot more people are capable of looking at romance stories from a neutral standpoint. Taking sides when it comes to who gets who seem to have become second nature to me, so the risk of ruining my enjoyment of that series because of the author choosing that girl over another is always present. You can't blame me, though. I can't possibly support the relationship of a character that has a lot of personality issues, for example.
There's some truth to looking for the flags for the route the hero(oine) is going to go on, but if I'm noticing it in the first place, if I feel unintentionally neutral, I have to question where my involvement for the characters is. Those signs should only be obvious in hindsight.

Now, I can have a favorite character, but the rival should at least be an understandable partner for who they're going after, so no hard feelings. If I felt sorry my favorite lost, it's because the other character was an equal or better fit for the love interest. If I felt disgusted my favorite lost, odds are the show has done something wrong with the characters, chemistry, or both. It's an odd dichotomy that tells me how good or not the romance was (ignoring tragic pairings and wedlocked pairings). Failing the quality check, I disregard writing entirely and go in descending order of hair color and bewb size,

1. Strawberry blonde+mid-sized bust
2. Golden blonde+big bust
3. Golden blonde+DFC
4. Pink hair+any bust size
5. And many, MANY more!
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote