View Single Post
Old 2004-01-25, 18:16   Link #20
crumja
AnimeONE Do-It-All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivyna J. Spyder
Thanks for more help ^_^ Hm, that pic tutorial's nice but... it still won't work XD Now the file's just corrupted.

I'll look into the AviSynth, but I think I almost have this Virtualdub thing figured out, so I'll have to see...

Okay, here's what I'm doing. I've realized that before I can ever get subs to work I have to get the converting part. O_o

I have an .mpeg file that I wanna convert to an .avi... I just cut a small part out in VB for the sake of time to test it. I set everything up, compression to DivX, Multipass 1-st pass (whatever that means) and no filters even, I save it to .avi... The file size is smaller but the file is either a garbled mess when I view it or it outright crashes my computer. O_o Gah.

There was ~one~ file that at least had subs on it (though a bit weird looking) but then it starting crashing my computer so I had to delete it.

And now when I do it, I have sound, but no picture. O_o

Yes, it is somehow doing this with all the same settings for each one. I don't know if it's a problem with my computer or just some higher power hates me and doesn't want me to do this. *shakes fist*

Does this make ~any~ sense? O_o Is it just me or is it supposed to be this hair-tearingly frustrating?
Reminds me of my first few attempts at encoding... Don't worry, as you gain experience, the process will be streamlined and mostly automated (cept for deciding which filters to use). When using virtualdub (forget avisynth for now, it's more difficult to learn and at this stage not worth the quality improvement), set the video to full processing mode and audio to full processing mode. Then choose the desired compression for each. Remember, if you're using xvid/divx multipass, you need to pass 1st pass and then 2nd. If you try running the video after only teh first pass, you'll likely find black screen or no content.

Are you sure the bittrate is set correctly for the file. If it's too low, it'll come out a small file but hardly any video quality. Previously, you might have selected uncompressed avi in the compression window and produced a large file.
crumja is offline   Reply With Quote