View Single Post
Old 2007-02-02, 20:56   Link #53
Bloody Nightingale
Banzai~! Banzai~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Okay, now on to the graver portion.

KyoAni's version of Shiori's story differed a lot from the game transcript I had read of the game itself......but you know what? I think that KyoAni may have just managed to tell the story of Kanon better than even KEY itself did, once again. The organizing of the birthday party reflected well on the character of Yuuichi, who was shown to be someone with a firm grasp of the situation; it also reflected even better on the character of Kaori, who was shown to have taken the initiative in getting over her phobia of meeting Shiori to turn up at the party on her own.

Spoiler for in-game events:

(From 13:14-13:16, that was PERFECT cinematography they pulled there, bringing Kaori into the light from the shadow when she turned towards Shiori. PERFECT cinematography.)

(13:35-13:36, that slap looked painful. >_< )

And then, the fountain scene. It went just like I hoped it would; Shiori talking about her suicicde attempt, her conversation about what she hoped to do in the future, and the phrase that struck me the most, "There are still many places I want to go to and things I still want to do."

That is a phrase I've seen many times in many other similar stories to Shiori's, but the impact is in no way lessened because of that.

And finally.....the way Shiori dumped Yuuichi there,

Spoiler:

All in all......once again, KyoAni, take a perfect 10 from me.

No Shiori dumping U1 there is not an original approach by KA. In fact,

Spoiler: