View Single Post
Old 2010-11-30, 06:04   Link #19235
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
The logic error shown in Umineko is something that happens during the creation of a game. A logic error simply cannot exist without a Game Master and cannot possibly happen without a creation process. This is the evidence shown in the story. What you propose is nothing but a speculation.
Who is "creating" the kakera as far as it goes? Hanyuu isn't it?
Lambdadelta confirmed that Bern's logical error wasn't caused by her, which arguably points out Hanyuu/Featherine.
Although we do not have a "game" structure per se, we have the process of "creation" which caused the logic error.
Furthermore, Lambdadelta confirms Bern's master lost sight of her goal, which was actually saving Rika... what they did for so long was just "retarding the inevitable". Furthermore, there were hints that hanyuu was just trying to enjoy the little happiness before the tragedy each times, which has put a huge guilt on her psyche. Instead of trying to save Rika so the latter will earn her happiness, she is looping the kakeras in order for her to have tiny share of happiness before every damn tragedy. It perfectly match the mention of "where the start and goal were connected like a donut."
Quote:
So let me recapitulate. So far we have acknowledged that:

-Umineko's set of kakera is different from Higurashi's set of kakera, due to Okonogi, the existence of magic and many other factors.
-Umineko's Bernkastel is not the same Bernkastel shown in Higurashi. The same obviously goes with Featherinne.
The first statement is something we all agree. However, I believe the sea of kakera is exactly the same.
Also, Umineko's Bernkastel isn't the same as the one in higurashi who is trying to work hard on Furude Rika's happiness. However, I believe she is the same Higurashi Bernkastel who is just observing things from a higher plane.
You cannot deny the very high possibility both are the same, especially considering Minagoroshi-hen.

If we were to consider that Frederica is a "piece" to Bernkastel, we can apply the same point towards Hanyuu, who is controlled by Featherine.

Quote:
So basically the only element that is left for you to claim that there is a connection between the two stories is the common origin of the two Bernkastels.

Am I correct so far?

So you managed to dodge all the hints that I proposed to claim that Umineko's Bern has in fact a completely different background. But can you say that you actually proved that my interpretation is wrong? Can you provide a logical argument to prove that your interpretation is more likely?
It isn't about proving the other's interpretation wrong, but rather solidifying one's theory with references, facts and other points.
As for mine:
-Umineko Bernkastel mentions she said "Mii niipa, fight-oh" "in the past"

-Umineko Bernkastel has features from Furude Rika (aside of physical similarities, cat tail from a batsu game etc)

-Lambdadelta confirms that Bernkastel was stuck in a "hell", and wasn't a sentient piece before. She realized she was a "piece" only afterwards. This is applied to Higurashi Frederica, as she didn't have any idea what was going on, until much later, when she finally realized few recurring events, elaborating rules X, Y Z as result.

-Lambdadelta confirms that Umineko Bernkastel was counting the years, which Higurashi Frederica did: more than 100 years of hell in June 1983.

-Over the sky BGM, the signature BGM for "Frederica" and the Kakera world is played when Umineko Bernkastel's background tidbit is revealed.

-Lambdadelta confirms that Bern's master lost track of her true goal: in the end, it became a logical error, where the start and the goal looped for some reason. It matches with Hanyuu dropping her hope to save Rika, and instead, artificially "prolong" Rika's life, even if it is ridiculous. In the end, Frederica was the one to find the answer. This is why Lambda compares it to the monkey theorem: she was stuck in an endless loop, a logic error created by the sheer contradicting intent and goal of her master, and has to randomly do X or Y things to find a solution, which literally broke her heart.

-Minagoroshi (both in the VN and manga) has shown there is another Frederica lurking in the Kakera world, observing this struggle.

-The last hidden piece in Higurashi kai shows "Frederica" toying with some fragment (which couldn't be the one who found her happiness), and witness a piece where Tanashi Miyoko is happy as well.

-Higurashi Frederica was always mentioning the "miracle" that has happened in Matsuribayashi-hen, which matches Lambdadelta mentioning that Umineko Bernkastel managed to create a miracle.

-Higurashi Frederica mentions she will stop being a "witch" back in Higurashi Rei.

Quote:
Basically the theory of a connection between Higurashi and Umineko is held by a single assumption that isn't even fully supported by hints, as alternative equally valid explanations exist.
It is supported by hints, as I stated above.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-11-30 at 07:26. Reason: typo
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote