View Single Post
Old 2012-01-08, 15:22   Link #122
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Urgh, it's just as I feared; the new Diva has this whole thing going on with overblown gender segregation, to the point that they've put a giant wall between the male and female canvas grounds. Even the heads of the male and female grounds are at odds about males being superior to femals and vice versa, and the commander spouting reiliguious babble about male/female combining being blocked by some holy wall. *sigh*

I sersiously hope they don't overdo this; it'll be just plain annoying to see everybody walking around every episode for half the series being sexist jackasses, let alone how it'll screw with the current AmataxMikono relationship and the inevitable romance it'll become in the coming episodes. >.>

*lol* Kagura even walks around on four legs like Apollo did. It's him all right.

EDIT: Great, to top it off that idiot Kaien, or whatever his name is, is a complete jackass. He talks like he may actually care about Mikono, than completely trash-talks her the rest of the time. I gladly take most forum trolls over that guy.

And the next episode preview indicates we may indeed be getting a bunch of segregation crap getting thrown at us next week with them going back to the Aquarias. I was all revved up for this show (and still am), but I was definitely not looking forward to this sexual segregation BS. And Kaien and that glasses girl do not help in any way whatsoever. I really, really, really hope we don't have to put up any of this for too many episodes; at the very least Kawamori, tone it down in an episode or two, please.

Yeah, these terribly heavy negative points were a real killjoy for me. Thankfully I still enjoyed the episode. For the most part.

On a non-negative note, from his commentary it looks like Kagura is going to be actively pursuing Mikono. So we have some interpersonal good guy/bad guy conflict ready.

Speaking of Mikono, I also really hope she gets over her weakness and becomes a pilot soon. Her weak-willed damsel-in-distress role these two episodes was hard for even me to swallow, and I'm really forgiving with these things.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2012-01-08 at 16:18.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote