View Single Post
Old 2012-09-24, 07:44   Link #4
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
* Huh, I never would have expected a show starring a fat, short, whiny main character would be good. To be honest I didn't even think anybody would even dare write such a story. Haruyuki himself was not as bad as I first expected, since he continually tries to improve and gains confidence as the show goes on. He's even badass at times, though he's completely hopeless at others.
* Kuroyukihime is a very interesting character (and I know some people would have preferred her as the true main character), with a dark past, and ambitious and manipulative attitude.
* Heck, I didn't think battles inside a virtual world would be this intense. Even if death is not involved, there's the matter of pride, and the advantages of being able to accelerate. Good to see that battles are won not through constant hot blood, but also require planning.
* Nice theme of power and corruption, and surpassing weakness. It's also nice to see that despite the increased social control via the Big Brother-esque social cameras, conflict and bullying still exist.
Plus:

*The adaptation omitted some details that would provide clarity to certain situations.
*Pretty much faithful to the LN's but I wish they continue a bit more.

Overall, 9/10 as well