Thread: Licensed Vivid Red Operation
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-13, 13:20   Link #575
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Could be... or it could be drawing energy from another universe, which would explain why the aliens are showing up looking for it.
I heard discussion like that previously from a previous page. If memory serves, another work did just that, and the dimensional issues it created led to conflict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
I was very much looking forward to this show, though my expectations might have been too high. This first episode was rather disappointing, though I'll still give it more of a chance. I guess I just can't enjoy anime that are derivative jumbles of tropes anymore, without any coherent sense or original plot.
I find that a great deal of stuff out there is indeed derivative, but this could alternately be thought of as being redesigned for whatever the market of the current age demands. From a reductionist point of view, nothing is exactly original in that sense, but I nonetheless enjoy things for the nuances that different works have. Whether or not I continue to follow Vividred Operation, for instance, will depend entirely on how they execute the story. Akane's nice posterior is icing on the cake.

Quote:
For a great science fiction novel based on this concept, read "Energized" by Edward M. Lerner.
I might have to check it out; thanks for the suggestion