View Single Post
Old 2008-01-21, 21:04   Link #58
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This episode was more or less average as the pace of events was quite fast, but the episode pace itself wasn't exactly balanced (the start was really draggy, to say the least).
I wonder if they are doing another budget episode. It isn't as silly as the infamous "wow teacher" erratic character design, but the traits were overly simple and disproportionate, with very dull colors and such.

Wilhelmina's lack of cautiousness was a bit strange: she knew that pheles had such avatar spell, but she didn't expect that until it shows up... Well, obviously it might be not obvious to expect that, but seriously, some doubt would be preferable.
Now, the real cringe session was the complete lack of reaction from the crew when the avatar exploded, and pheles enters in the stage...
I mean, why are they waiting like... 45 seconds (20:51 => 21:36) like bunch of sitting ducks (especially that yuuji was encased in that wind spell as soon as pheles arrived)? They didn't even try to do anything when Pheles went happily extracting on Yuuji?
I would expect Shana as hotblooded/hast to jump on the gun, but no, nothing...

The last scene was quite nice to deal a shocker and reversed situation, but seriously, the whole episode wasn't exactly flowing well.

Now, for a different matter, I will quote Serenade beta:
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
We should keep novel spoilers in the novel thread.
Except one slight correction: we must keep novel spoilers in the novel thread.
As stated in the weekly episode thread guidelines, future events spoilers are prohibited on such type of thread, even in spoiler tags. Please keep them in the spoiler thread and the novel thread. Any other spoiler of this kind in an episode thread will be deleted.