View Single Post
Old 2008-12-28, 23:58   Link #64
mandarb916

just got back from C75 day 2...
wasn't as bad as it was made out to be....the line was about 1~1.5km, but very civil and moved along at a reasonable clip around 10:30am. Took about 45min to get into East Hall 2 where I was headed after disembarking. Picked up the 3 CDs from Vagrancy that I wanted and after that, just meandered around which was fun in and of itself.

Had a chance to listen to a few doujin CD albums and bought a couple of them. Headed to the industry booths...was tempted to buy Kano Yui's new CD single album to get a voucher for the meet&greet but 2pm was far too late for my tastes (still not even 2 yet and I'm already home lol)

Wore an undershirt, a turtle neck, a sweater, and a wool coat. Aside from after climbing up a set of stairs to get onto the train, it wasn't so hot and muggy that I had to take any clothes off. The hall did occaisionally reek of horrible horrible BO and was packed pretty badly. Despite the crowds, though, nothing like walmart during black friday and people being uncivil. Makes sense as to why it's been so successful for 30(i think?)+ years.

All-in-all, was an interesting and fun romp around Big Sight. While the demographic seemed to be centered around early to mid/late 20's, saw a number of really young looking kids as well as a few folk who could easily be in their 50's+. I think it's worth going to if you're in town during that time of year just to see how crazy things will get lol.
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote