View Single Post
Old 2004-12-22, 14:04   Link #148
da_man741852963

well...to me, the series DID have a plot. It may not be heading toward the direction many viewers nowaday want to see, but one nonetheless. I think the plot is what the title of the series imply: the beautiful/ugly world. As the opening song points out, the world is undergoing constant metamorphosis, and obviously the transformation is not heading towards the right direction, hence the two alien appear and make their judgment. Without belaboring the point, the story is trying to take on the more philosophical approach to life, as numerous other Gainax series try to do, but it tries to blend in mahoromatic elements. The results: not many people liked it, hence the sucky, kinda dragging out ending. Personally, I am all about happy endings, but I guess the majority wants to put the so-called degree of complication in stories. Anyhow, without painting myself with more paint and attaching myself with "flame attracting" magnets, I am going to stop, and yes, I really think that a second series is in order, and they should try to focus on the romantic relationship between hikari and that other dude, like what others before me said. (the other relationship isn't romantic, as the seires points out, dude with hikari wishes for a girl friend whereas the other wants family; I mean, why want girl when you get all the girls you can handle.)