Thread: Licensed Paradise Kiss
View Single Post
Old 2005-12-30, 10:07   Link #40
wao
OK.

Frankly speaking I am a bit disappointed with episode 11, I thought it was not dynamic enough, despite being a Kobayashi-storyboarded episode. I think while I can certainly credit and praise him for some good points about the show, I must admit there have been some problems still - which is all quite normal, it's still one of the better anime out there IMO. And he's still quite young... this is I think the first project of this type that he's done. (I still don't know why they picked him exactly though.)

reading the synopsis for episode 12, it seems like they're going with the manga ending. And while I think it makes a lot of sense and I'd actually like to see it, it seems a little strange because the story was rushed. It had to be, unfortunately. (however, ultimately I think one season must have worked better for the production schedule, etc.) I think even one more episode still could have helped, but I guess there's just some things that can't be helped.
It's not like there was absolutely no clue of it coming - episode 11 gave off a few warning signs, and I guess if you think about it carefully, it's like Garten said:
Spoiler:

But I shouldn't judge until I actually watch the episode.