View Single Post
Old 2007-05-07, 01:51   Link #47
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Disappointed with this ep, particularly the second half. The action sequence was underwhelming, and I couldn't feel any tension in a sequence that just should have been full of it. I blame a few things (one of which that it's too early for any of the major characters to die, so DEM was inevitably going to save the day), but music was the worst offender. Some of the choice of music during that scene was terrible.

The rest of the episode wasn't great either. There's still too many question marks surrounding the characters, which is probably fair enough, since they'll inevitably be answered, but a bit more information to date would have been more than welcome. However, I think the atmosphere is far too light much of the time for something that has an imminent threat of conflict, and I still have problems with the over-simplicity of a lot of the personalities. Matsuri in particular.

Speaking of Matsuri... holy crap, that ponytail is the most moe thing I've seen this year, I think. I really did almost die when I saw that. If Saimoe really was voted on most moe character and wasn't just a popularity contest, Matsuri would have it in the bag. Nonetheless, she's not putting many steps wrong as far as making a case for that title is concern.

Anyway, so far I'm still not compelled by this series. I'm worried that it's not establishing a solid enough base to set itself up for some enthralling drama down the road. It needs to make a better case for us to care for the characters now, or else when the story finally does step up a gear, it's going to all feel like melodrama.
I guess it all comes down to the personal taste.
for my part I love Sola.
the characters, the scenery, the story, the music and the mood.