View Single Post
Old 2008-07-03, 03:17   Link #479
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
She doesn't love him. We aren't at that stage yet. At least I hope we aren't, because the progression has sucked quite a bit if she does.
Love can happen very quickly. I'd say she at least has intense feelings for him bordering on love.

Quote:
Sheryl was available for the relief work (Ranka was not) and supposedly had a personal interest in going to Galia IV due to the rumors of Galaxy Survivors. And I think it's okay to admit that Sheryl does know him better than Ranka by virtue of enslaving him.
Her conversation with him before the concert in Ep7 or 6 can't remember which. He does open up and let her into his head a bit. Especially about his feelings about being trapped on Frontier. But this is only real time we see that open with her as he normally presents his aloof side. All the rest of the information she gets about him come from other sources. She was a judge with his father so she figured out about his past from that most likely. And that information doesn't really shed much light on to his problems. Everyone knows that he has a excessive love of flying.

Quote:
She probably overestimated herself after surpressing the symptons with medicine. She probably felt like she could perform when they set out, but likely worsened along the way. Could have happened to anyone really.
Grace was poisoning her. That I'm pretty certain of. Doesn't mean her actions weren't true to her character.

Quote:
Someone mentioned the possibility of joining the school for PR reasons, with Alto as a personal bonus. She hasn't shown any signs of personal jealousy of Ranka. Though she is quite obsessed with Alto since he's probably the closest person to her in her entire existence (Sheryl's loner tendencies make her kind of boring don't you think?)
PR reasons yes I bet that was the reason she just happened to join Alto's school right after going on a date with him and kiss him on the cheek. Her looks in Ep10, Ep11, and 12 give a fairly good impression of jealousy. We don't get any interior monologues from her like we do Ranka but it pretty clear whats going on.

Quote:
He didn't formally approach her as a suitor. I think that's what it really came down to. He wooed her without announcing his intentions. Of course, I've only watched ten episodes.
Hikaru was an idiot too but Minmei was just plain self-centered. If you watch the entire series you'll understand.