View Single Post
Old 2009-07-30, 23:38   Link #3014
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Apologise to those who found my recent presence here annoying, but here is a rather not so silly question/request for opinion D:

A friend (he's in Victoria -Australia) just call me and asked about some guys (wearing worker clothes and some name tag) came to his house and say that the government will shut down all certain wave length or something by some time this year. So the only way if he want to keeps continue to watch television is either buy a new televsion , or buy a box (that he sell of course) to install it into his current (old) television....
Sound fishy of course..... then the fact that:
- he mentioned about some letters that the government sent and everyone in the neighbor received except him
- the guy says the box will allow you to watch more channel....
- the box is twice as expensive in the market than what he provide
- my friend have to decide it as soon as possible or the deal is off....
- the guy said only four of those boxes left so my friend should be hurry or it will run out.....
....make it even more fishy.....

I admit the only thing i watched is SBS news, but i haven't heard about these things before (i don't have a television btw xD). However if it's a scam, then it's kind of risky (since he even left name and mobile number in case my friend decide). Anyone ever heard about something like that and knows for sure if it's true or not?

What i told my friend so far is: he should not accept it. If it's true, he can convert to anime for interests and go watch news online if he afraid he will be isolated from the world without TV xD

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2009-07-31 at 03:17.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote