View Single Post
Old 2012-11-01, 13:05   Link #11000
DawnEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Don't know If I was the only one who noticed this, but I might just say it anyway.

Spoiler:

Yeah, hmm, Zen? Remind me again why you're so head-over-heels for this gal.

It's like he's incapable of even noticing her horribleness(such as at the end of the JBW arc).
Lol, I think you're looking into it a bit too much. But at the same time, I noticed that too

But it's not much of a surprise. Zenkichi has a trend of being mistreated. Not that I like it much, but this is comparatively minor.

Honestly, they're both meant to be flawed characters, with a sense of status quo on them(as it is with many characters). Medaka may have learned to "understand people's hearts", but that doesn't automatically make her less callous it seems. The character development is a bit more subtle; before Zenkichi would've probably taken it to heart, but now he can laugh it off. Medaka doesn't really need to act overly violently. But both still retain certain key defining characteristics(stubborn determination, skepticism, sincerity)

Also, Zenkichi has the role as the audience surrogate, meaning he does have to get saddled with the role of asking questions we would potentially ask.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote