View Single Post
Old 2012-08-13, 12:06   Link #73
DoomRavager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
For example would not be better if we saw the differences in battle of the Japanese mecha and the Americans ones ? why the Japanese must be better than the others when we could have the American on the same league but better at doing other stuff. I don’t mind if the Japanese mecha are better but I don’t see why - they seems equal to me, I must say.
Not really the best thread in which to say this, but leaving aside any information from other sources, focusing only on the anime, it was never stated that Japanese mecha are better than American. Neither are they in fact better than American mecha. It's even stated in the anime that the engines on the best the Japanese have to offer besides the Takemi (Type-94-1C) have outright inferior performance to those on the Strike Eagle and have to get around the limitation by rigorous control with supplementary control surfaces. When they said that American TSFs use brute thruster power to maneuver, that wasn't saying they were inferior to oh so elegant Shiranui, that was acknowledging an area in which they were definitely superior because they had superior thrust to weight ratio and can maneuver with thrusters alone. On the flip side the Shiranui is by Yuuya's account much twitchier and sensitive than the Strike Eagle, hence arguably very responsive and maneuverable if handled properly even if engine power is inferior.

That's why Yuuya spend a whole story arc trying to get a handle on the Fubuki and Shiranui, because they handle completely differently from what he's used to. They pretty much are arguably "better at doing other stuff" from each other.

Last edited by DoomRavager; 2012-08-13 at 12:28.