View Single Post
Old 2012-10-07, 22:56   Link #3062
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

@that 2nd shot:

CLG had better win...

And yeah, I expected racist backlash. Don't think it's confined to LoL. It's all over WoW, DotA, Facebook, Twitter - anywhere. What is amusing though is that for years, everyone trashed the Asians about how much slower they were in WoW in progression. Then when KIN Raiders from Korea took the major world firsts late in Cataclysm, along with Taipei guilds also being in the first few, people had to shut up.

The internet's anonymity allows people to get away with a lot. Hate is an easy option a lot of people will go for. The internet's tendency to slam/diss people doing the right thing also causes problems. But it's part of life. Rise above it - there's always going to be hate. I experienced racism hardcore until I was an adult and still do sometimes. If that's what people have to do to handle life, whatever. I won't let it get to me.

Just one thing on the cheating thing - weren't a bunch of Stanford students busted for a major cheating scandal recently? Those forum posters love to ignore double standards. All nations cheat in some way. If we're going to that general, why don't we include the Olympics and people like Marion Jones? Not going to include Lance Armstrong - not convinced that he's guilty, there's been vendettas against him for a long time.

Edit:

Quote:
As a token of our thanks for your tremendous patience and dedication, we’re going to be giving out double IP for 24 hours after Finals, starting midnight PST on Sunday, October 14th.
Duly noted.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-10-07 at 23:51.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote