View Single Post
Old 2010-06-17, 13:15   Link #67
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
As long as she doesn't touch my kitty, its fine. I would certainly love to see her do that Mio.

Oh wait, she has already done so. In a H-doujin.
Ehhh, that one was still one-sided cause Mio was "faithful".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The quote "I think, therefore I am", or rather, Cogito Ergo Sum came from Descartes's "Discourse Of The Method" (that is one hell of a manuscript, very interesting read). He later wrote in a second book "Meditations" that the line gives people the wrong idea about inference without logical thought or research, which is what Ritsu and Yui are doing.

So yes, it is often misquoted. You can't just simply think that it isn't hot when the weather is boiling, however, you CAN think that the heat is nothing to something compared to lugging a 30-40kg fieldpack and a rifle walking 24 kilometres on foot in a jungle*. The difference is that the second part is a comparison to something practical, while the first part is just theoretical, thus the first is illogical as referent to the second.
Ritsu and Yui did that prior to Mugi's statement though, Azusa only agreed that it was indeed all in the head. No quoting Descartes whatsover happened. XD

Guah, I'm probably a bit asspained about some people saying that Azusa is a dumbass for quoting that.