View Single Post
Old 2010-08-02, 00:57   Link #51
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by alovelyburn View Post
Really! I figured a lot of them were just learning Japanese, but I didn't realize that many of them were also learning English. Yikes. My hat's off to them - learning one at a time is hard enough. And yeah a lot of times I'm a bit at a loss as to how to translate something without losing the flavor or meaning, too. :/

It can be really tough. When I'm explaining things to friends I have this bad tendency to not actually translate and instead say things like, "Uhhh, she says [word] which is kind of like, [word word] so it means something like [blah blah], but not exactly that, more like [blah moo blah] with implications of [such and such!]." It's easier! This is why no one should ever let me scanlate!

...and back on topic, I'm secretly glad that spoiler is probably fake. There are very few things I'm more resistant to than the return of Teresa - not because I dislike her or anything (I love her!) but just. It seems like a bad idea, IMO. And I'm OPEN to it, I mean if she comes back and it's awesome then hey who am I to argue. But I just think the chances of it not being ridiculous are low.
When I just read the translation and not the scans... most of them are like that too. Like this but but more literally like that. I actually like it that way BTW You have some lucky friends

Most of the time I feel the dead should stay buried too, even in Teresa's case. It's what makes Claymore feel so dark and real... when your gone your really gone. Don't get me wrong I love Teresa, she's my second favorite manga character but she's dead and should logically stay that way. Now sometime I find myself just wanting her back on an emotional level and if Yagi can pull it off right then power to him... but I'm scared there is no right way to bring back the dead. So I guess we have the same opinion here.