View Single Post
Old 2011-08-09, 03:09   Link #84
Dr. Casey

Just finished watching Saki today. I have to thank Triple for the review, it was a very fun show. I think there might have been a bit too much focus on Mahjohg sometimes, though... it's kind of like the anti-K-On. Some more breathing room to focus on things outside matches would have been nice. Though part of that feeling stems from the fact that Mahjong games are pretty much a foreign language, of course... but yeah, looking forward to season 2. I wonder what the story behind Saki and her sister is... the glazed over look whenever the subject of her sister arose was interesting, a lot more dramatic than what the rest of the series tended to offer. I want to know what about their relationship together is so traumatic.

Very dumb move on Mihoko's part, though, to mention the hurtful response Saki's sister gave to an interviewer. "Your older sister is Teru? Huh, that's weird. An interviewer asked her about your relationship earlier and she bitterly replied that she had no sister. It's almost like she doesn't like you or something, isn't it?" I mean... seriously? Common sense much? I guess the old blonde stereotype is true.

Can't agree with Kyuu on this though, Yuuki's awesome.

"The cursed blood of the taco lover runs through your veins as well?"
"Nado-chan's hiding tiles in her boobs!"
"*insert pretty much everything she ever says during episode 24 while Saki and Nadoka are trying to get her to study*"

My favorite character is Nadoka, personally, but Yuuki's up there. I hope Kyoutaro will have more of a role in the second season. I know that he's treated as subhuman because he's a guy and anime fans mostly care only about cute girls, but still.

Also I liked the way that the endings alternated between episodes. The dark and moody one was my favorite easily, but I liked the other two also.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote