View Single Post
Old 2012-08-05, 17:54   Link #209
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
Yup, totally agree.
Let's be honest here. We're talking about someone murdering people who probably can't afford to pay to sleep in an inn. Human nature is going to look for easy targets. SOFT targets. Targets for whom you can instill the fear of god in, even.

People who can be killed very easily in a duel. Thus, one or two hits will kill them.

And people who feel perfectly safe inside a town.

Places were you can find a decent number of targets without roaming too far.

And people who won't be missed by the high level clearing teams who likely understand the game mechanics rather well.

Yup... those poor bastards left in the starter city who are deathly afraid to leave town for fear of dying to the lvl1 mobs outside the city.

THOSE are your targets for sleep PK. I'll bet you could murder quite a few of those poor sorry bastards before someone stopped you.

Now, if you still think it's dumb, I'm quite certain you're just set in your belief and no amount of explaining is going to do the trick.
Lets agree to disagree.

Those people may as well be dead. If they cannot sustain their life in game, while waiting for someone more capable to finish the game then they really might as well be dead.
Basic logic would suggest that they should do the minimal necessary, in real life they also need to somehow sustain their existence. If we consider that now for those 2 years Sao is their real life, they should be able to work. Heck they might trade, they might craft, they might hunt some mobs. But if they can't scrap few shits to get some place to stay then they really are worthless.
People who pk them are murders no talk there, but if they kill such poor human trash, then heck let them. Someone will catch them later anyway, as for the dead sobs, they didn't mean anything anyway.

Enough from me as I previously said dumb system is dumb, and rest of ep didn't pull it up to get it above 6/10. Mystery was boring for me as well, maybe because of Hyouka which I dropped after 4 eps of constant boredom, even though I like a good mystery.

As for normal players, they know and follow the rule that they are at constant war, and resources and rest are required. You don't go fighting enemy after few days of no sleep do you ... Common insticts allow normal survival. If you sleep like somo hobo on street its obvious you will get mugged or killed in worse parts of town/world.