Thread: Kurogane
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-06, 00:09   Link #218
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
It's in the bottom of the rankings and there's nothing else to cushion it. Add to the fact that it's sales are poor, it's doomed...
well after chap 39 it has gotten a lot better but however the popularity is still in the red zone... Once of the reason is that the author is limit Kurogane too much, for some one who do kendo myself, having Kurogane only able to counter is pretty much limit the technique he can pull off, in real kendo ,there is no problem whatsoever but in manga, thats a lot of problem since as people said, its make the fight become predictable.

There is also talk about the author attitude but i will omit that part here. And the biggest problem with this manga is the real kendoka attitude towards it. In japan, most kendoka( kendo practioners) don't like this manga because... well, in ichikai (a jap kendo forum) they said that this manga make some people have a defensive kendo and ruin their own kendo spirit and the worst is some people who only started kendo in about a year or months will tried to attempt Gyaku- Kasumi( kurogane pierce stance) and O - Kasumi( just the reverse, in real kendo, Kurogane stance is the reversed one) and this stance is pretty much limited to sensei with 6 dan or higher( equilvalent to 15 - 20 years of trainning or even higher) due to to its nature as kenjutsu and too hard to control( there do exist exception but there is no one who attempt it with just a few months worth of experience like kurogane) so while i agree with you guys that this manga is quite enjoyable, the popularity in Japan is really down and it have a huge chance of being cancelled.

Last edited by dragon1412; 2012-09-06 at 00:27.