View Single Post
Old 2012-10-03, 11:34   Link #38
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post

Yes, the conversion between illegal watching to purchasing is low, but out of the purchasers, I think the number that watch it illegal first is very high.
To get break-even, around 3-4k discs need to be sold.
If you have seen the disc sales thread
(http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109699)
then you know that sales are not that high, because they are targeted for a pretty niche martket.

I have no idea if the japanese people who buys anime, watch them illegally with downloads. Because they actually don't have to , seeing that they can already watch animes legally on their tv's (unless they missed it or want to watch certain animes sooner, because their local tv air that specific anime on a later day)

If uploading and downloading anime is no longer allowed, i think it will rather hurt the foreign viewers more than the japanese viewers.

Quote:
Does anyone here have the money to buy anime from Japan blindly? Most of the people here don't have the money to spend buying anime they already like.
Does anyone on certain psp and ds (and other handheld/console games) sites buy their games legally?

Quote:
If you have an intention to buy if you think its worth it and you can afford it, all downloading is justified. The only non-justified illegal downloading is downloading specifically with intent to replace a purchase.
Your interpretation/conclusion is lacking a middle ground.
You make it sound that it's also justified that people may download things on the internet if they can't afford it? >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
No, but the anime content that would normally be avalible to me with the cable package for TV is not avalible. If it was I could simply record it off the TV and watch it later.

Since it is not avalible, the internet is the primary means of equalizing that issue. If I want to buy the DVD or BD later on (there are plenty of older American series owned here that we recorded on VHS or even Betamax in the 1980s) I will. In a few cases I have. But most anime episodes I see once, and that is it. Just like television, except I don't have that option normally to just turn on the TV to see it.

For something like Space Battleship Yamato 2199, I did buying the BD. One because I've been a fan for a long time and plan to watch it more than once, but also because it was not avalible on TV. It was shown in theaters. It can be seen on the internet, but I have the BD.
And you make it sound justified that you can download things, just because it's not available in your country.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-10-03 at 11:48.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote