View Single Post
Old 2013-03-30, 14:13   Link #703
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badkarma 1 View Post
And you missed the point entirely. On da form it asks if your a mental case, of course you say no. With a state background check they could see if your dine time for being mental unless your files are sealed by doctor patient whatchamacallit.
So lets make all mental cases a a part if the NCIS database and we can keep the weapons out of there hands.
Why we coddle dese people is beyond me, if they're a danger to society they needs to be "in the system". We do the same wit convicted pedophiles, sexual predators and such, so why not the mental ones to?
You can't keep weapons out of their hands if they can get guns from private sales. That's the point.

You say there are plenty of laws? Laws are not measured by quantity, but by what they do. Background checks only work if it is universal, loopholes are like leaks in a bucket. Doesn't matter how small the hole it is still going to be emptied. It makes no sense for there to be a way to bypass background checks. And as I said earlier, I don't see anyone explaining why they need to have untraceable guns.

Quote:
It's not dat they're not done, some just want them to be more intrusive, inquizative. Sorta like the Spanish Inquisitions.
And that's related to universal background checks how?

And don't bring up the Spanish Inquisition as if it means anything to the argument. It doesn't work here anymore than if you bring up "Nazi" or "Communist".