View Single Post
Old 2013-01-07, 13:02   Link #10308
classic

Quote:
Wait, you're okay with foreshadowing, only if said foreshadowing doesn't come to pass? Do you understand what foreshadowing is, in a literary context? It means that you signal what is to come.
Is it a rule for foreshadows to come true? I dont`t think so. Why not make like Erza/ Elfman switch to fight Bachus? Mashima clearly wanted us to think that Erza will be his opponent. Believed we or not it is another question. The fact is you can foreshadow a lot, but they are not Charle`s premonitions. They don`t have to come real.
Quote:
But Sting fighting Natsu again would be a twist, eh? After all, he was beaten once, and it would be surprising to have Natsu show up in the tournament and fight Sting again.
It would be a twist, but twists can be boring as well. I cannot tell what Mashima will decide. Don`t make me predict future plot. I am only talking about what happend already in the last chapter; that is, these boring match ups.
Quote:
Why not? You were the one who wanted twists, and didn't want the obvious matchups that were foreshadowed. So what would be wrong with Wendy vs. Zeref? You complain if the foreshadowed matchups happen, and you'd complain if we got twist matchups. At least pick a side and be consistent.
Wendy vs Zeref is absurd, but i never told that i don`t want it. It would be hilarious. Still, I wrote you possible pairings and you go from one extreme to another.
Quote:
And yes, I remembered all of those, because they were all foreshadowed fights in one way or another. Well, Gray/Juvia was a bit too subtle, but ice and water are close enough that it seemed likely. Would you have preferred Natsu/Juvia in the Phantom arc?
Were they? We even didn`t saw Totomaru`s face until he faced Natsu. How would we know that he is a fire user and that he will fight Natsu. And Juvia was screwed up against both Natsu and Gray from the beginning due to her elements` weaknesses.
Quote:
After all, Natsu fighting another fire user was kinda stupid, eh?
Yes, it was. Although that time i was not tired of it.
Quote:
Hmm, perhaps Natsu/Earth Guy would have been a better matchup.
Well,
why not?
Quote:
Elfman could have fought Juvia instead.
Why not? It`s ok for me.
You can say that these is illogical and for you it really is.
What i don`t like are genre cliches and can`t do anything about them. Shounen cliches. FT`s has them less than Bleach for example, but i can`t wish for more.
classic is offline   Reply With Quote