View Single Post
Old 2007-03-03, 19:25   Link #4
Rias

I think it's worth getting, the voice acting added to the great story line is worth going for. Various minor things I don't like too much is that there's no voice in TIPS or first half of the game.

Also I liked the way it was done in the orignal better. In the PC game, the text is on top of the background. I think what makes some scenes so much more dramatic is that you are usually looking at the characters when they talk, so when they switch over to oyashiro-mode then the effect is really present. PS2 game, you usually just stare at the text on the bottom. THe voice acting does make up for that, as the tone of the voice changes and you would know something is up. Also, another thing I thought the PC version was good for was that, the variable text speed. Somtimes freezes at points, and makes you stare at them for the longest time. Most of those dramatic points are changed to be backgrounds in the PS2 game instead.

Oh, they also removed one of the mystery of the game, which I thought was a shame.

Spoiler for Mion:

So, if you are a fan, and can at least somewhat understand want is going on (the voices helps alot for those who can't read a lot, like myself), I think it's worth getting.