View Single Post
Old 2007-10-06, 22:17   Link #105
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by edf91
The anime was pretty vague about it, yes, but if you completely disregard supplement material like novel, you will barely get any answer to some of the unanswered questions in Victory Gundam because most of the times, novels are there to help answer some of those questions.
It's Bandai's policy that only the animated shows are official. And for good reason too, since the novels tend to contradict the parent works so much.

Quote:
After watching Ideon, it's hard for me to imagine Tomino trying to kill off the series or people, since Victory Gundam certainly didn't approach the scale of death in Ideon.
Tomino didn't have full creative control over Victory.

Quote:
Why do you think I bring up Layzner in the discussion? What I mean is that if you are talking about how fast V2 can accelerate, but that's like using MA in a fight - yes, MA can outrun a MS, but in terms of close range movement, MS has the advantage because you can do a lot of small movement quickly. Acceleration doesn't mean much in close range if you cannot change direction quickly, and in order to do that, you need pilot's quick reflexes, and the MS/MA itself to be designed for "all direction" movement. Most MS in V2's era like Psychoframe, as far as I know, so it's all up to the MS's ability and pilot's reflex. What I am saying was I doubt Usso can become even faster, since he's still limited by how his body can take the sudden increase in G. I guess I am saying that I think they kind of hit the wall in terms of MS movement to human control already, so unless they move to psychoframe like technology, MS combat movement at about its maximum potential.
You don't seem to understand that in space, acceleration = maneuverability. There is no such thing as better "close range movement" since superior acceleration absolutely means that you can change direction more quickly (or more accurately, change your vectors and velocity more quickly).

Quote:
1) Stolen Gundam - Zeta Gundam
2) Meeting the enemies pilot, fall in love and unable to stop her death - Zeta Gundam
3) third fraction suddenly appears from nowhere (non-existant in beginning of series) and cause the fight to climax - Zeta Gundam
4) old character appearing in the series to "guide" the main character - Zeta Gundam
Is that really the best you can do?

Quote:
Yes, it's very general, that's why I believe most people are saying the creator of Seed Destiny basically those a lot of story elements from Zeta and "incorporate" that into the Seed Destiny story, so for people who watched the old UC Gundam series, they feel so familiar of the story in Seed Destiny. I don't think of it as bad per say - just bad execution (Shinn's character development just sucks near the end - Shinn never seems to mature, while for Camille, at least he seems tolerable to people by the end of the series.)
That's pretty much missing the forest for the trees.