View Single Post
Old 2012-03-20, 00:00   Link #96
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Makeup

I really feel annoyed reading posts from many fans complaining that the anime is practically butchering and skewering the novels.

Why the comparison? Since both materials are adapted into two different media.

I haven't ever read the novels, therefore, I enjoy the anime as it is and not taking everything too literal.

What surprised the most is likely the producers managed somehow to make the content seen in this episode, or most of it, passed intact around the board of censorship going from the psychological thriller becoming into visceral horror.

Ten episodes of psychological terror buildup exploded right in my face in this eleventh one in the form of a Lord of the Flies Hell on Earth.

Furthermore, two factors that make this episode overtly frightening are:
1) One must Not be afraid of the dead, but rather be Very Afraid of the living
2) And, women are the most frightening people in all of creation when either traumatized to the boundaries of the breaking point or getting Imperially pi***d off.

This is undeniably demonstrated with both Ogura and Sugiura just turning too damn ghastly beyond my most livid nightmares once learning the truth from the tape, and the latter telling the account that Mei Misaki is the Another because she was classmates with her at Elementary School, but no one else outside Mei, save for Kouichi, knows about Misaki's twin.

Moreover, Misaki got separated from Kouichi, because she's going to go on the hunt for the Another alone, unproteced, and by herself. Like someone else blogged before, even if she's able to send the Another to the death, she still would have to deal or run away from the hordes of the remaining class students having all broke down wanting to spill her blood to dead in order to stop the curse.
The only hope of survival for Misaki, as I see, would be that everyones' memories get immediately wiped clean right after she kills the another, because her getting to reach the Another won't be an easy task due to the students, save for: Kouichi, Teshigawara, and Mochizuki, hunting her down. And, now that Akazawa mistakenly took for Misaki being Sugiura's murderer, she turned to psycho mode to fill in for the late Sugiura meaning the open season is on for the last episode's climax.