View Single Post
Old 2012-11-11, 14:18   Link #3107
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Ideas are nice, but facts have more substance to them.
Both sides are just as disingenuous. No one side has the "facts" on their side, and more often than not both sides have varying levels of "facts" to support their ideas.

Quote:
Reagan talked a lot about smaller efficient goverment, but since then no republican president has shrinked in real terms the size of the USA goverment, they did quite the opposite.
That's a candidate, and candidates almost never complete their promises, or at least seldom actually complete what they set out to accomplish (case and point, Obama's Health Care reform).

And yes, Reagan is one of America's worst Presidents. There hasn't been a decent Republican president since Nixon, and Nixon had paranoid delusions...

Quote:
Since before I was born we have lived under the menace or mutual nuclear anihilation, let them have their own balance of terror (of course I mean Israel and Iran), if they do push the button and create the first nuclear wasteland on earth it will be a lesson for the rest of mankind. In the end iran is not nazi germany nor the USSR, they are too far and too small to really be of any real relevance.
Others disagree with you, considering Iran a serious threat not only against Israel but Europe as well. I personally feel Obama has done a decent job on the issue, but there are many that think he hasn't accomplished enough.

And, these were only brief examples. I could go through the whole litany of real issues (non-social issues) that differentiate the parties, but I'm sure we all know those issues already.

Quote:
I would say instead that there is plenty of propaganda if one chooses to drink that kool-aid, but I don't see any real facts to believe either candidate (or party) is good, just that one of them is the lesser evil.
Again, I never claimed that people vote for specific candidates, or even really parties. Rather, I specifically emphasized ideas as being a strong contender for why people may vote republican or not.