View Single Post
Old 2013-01-19, 06:54   Link #27
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxorMG View Post
How fitting that the piece played near the end was Dvorak's From the New World.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVhVbz4xBRA#t=36s

^_^
They've been using that for a while, though. It's a curfew sign in the village, in one episode we can see a person playing it on an ancient record player. It even has lyrics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roon View Post
I'm guessing it had a lot of crying and angst, so I'm somewhat glad it wasn't in this just because of how heavy the episode already was for me. Not sure if I could've taken any more emotional damage...
Spoiler for spoiler, perhaps? maybe we'll get a flashback or something:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Yes, let's totally ignore the rest of the episode and the actual story because GODDAMMIT, there was no wholesome, natural, proper hetero sex!! How dare those fuckers!? They ripped off everyone who watched these 16 episodes just to see Satoru J-J-JAM IT IN Saki!! Ahhh, I seen better hentai where they get down to sex in the first episode!!1
lol XD I hope we'll get a flashback or something so people wanting some wholesome, proper hetero sex can enjoy it, until they realize
Spoiler for novel:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalena View Post
I have a confession to make: I know longer wait with baited breath for each episode. I realized that this week when I found myself downloading this week's episode almost as an afterthought after the other three shows I'm watching (Psycho-Pass, Sasami-san@Ganbaranai, and Vividred Operation). That makes me sad
Then perhaps you should adjust your expectations? Also, you're comparing anime originals to an adaptation of a novel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalena View Post
In my opinion this show has suffered from some horrible pacing issues so that may be why. This episode is a perfect example of that. Was it really necessary to devote an entire episode to the Saki and Satoru's snow adventures?
Pacing issues? Wow... you do understand why they're out there, what they're doing and what they've discovered, and that this is going to be very important later on... right? (Also that gliding over snow is pretty much the only way they can get around, I mean what do you want them to do, fly?) If you want by-the-numbers anime writing where every episode has to be a story on its own with a hook so people keep watching then this is not the show for you.

And I never understood people complaining about animation - sure, it could be better but as long as it does its job who cares? Sure, in a show that wants to have flashy images and action and whatnot animation is very important, but here? The only episode so far where the animation was distracting was ep 8, other than that I've had no problems. But then, I survived episode 7. of Kemonozume that was most likely animated by one person with a one-day deadline, so I'll survive anything.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-01-19 at 07:10.