Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-08, 19:22   Link #3207
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
Your sentences (that I highlighted) is exactly what I am talking about...
They hid it too long, people begin to think that Shizu has no hax power while there are element of the original to show someone has ability shown...
If did right, flame eye mean flame-like ability... NOP! It means NEVA GIVE UP!
If did right, Shizu never seen second fight, might possibly mean something fishy... NOP! It means NEVA GIVE UP!
etc. NOP! It means NEVA GIVE UP!
but that's her facial expression you know the type that shows GUTS! and even her determination when fighting Koromo and her will to win in semi-quarter finals which leads to them making it second

That's why I said that Shizu is opposite of Saki. Saki hasn't shown that much will power at all and she has all smiles that say "let's enjoy the game" a complete different goal of Shizu that wants to meet Nodoka at the finals (even though she is captain and won't be her opponent >_> like Saki and Teru)

Shizu screams Shounen protagonist being straight forward type that those hints are being read as face value and thus when shit hit the fans we all go WTF!!!!!

Silly as it can be. Her being a monster/monster slayer wasn't portrayed well at all and gave a different impression on her and also her character too helps solidifies this fake impression on her or maybe its not fake but its not completely real.