View Single Post
Old 2012-10-03, 22:31   Link #744
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post

On an unrelated note, Haruhi can't be a chu2byo, can't she?
Hahah, that's a funny comparison, and first I've heard of it. Let's see...

Obsession with aliens, espers and time travelers, i.e. superpowers and the occult? check.

Goes around blurting out stuff about said things? Well if I heard that introduction on the first day of school, I'd certainly think that girl was ill, so check.

Hmm it's all starting to make sense why they'd choose to animate something they labeled as a "runner" up two years later now. So that's why Kyoani was interested in animating this...

My thoughts after watching the first eps: I've been fading Kyoani ever since Clannad finished and they've acted like they were too "busy" to associate with Key anymore. I thought this homegrown adapation of one of their "runner ups" for their Kyoani award was going to be pretty iffy, I mean they didn't have any confidence in it in the first place to give it a grand prize, they basically slapped everyone who entered in the face in their first contest by saying no entries were good enough to be worth giving the grand prize to I.E. all the entries sucked. Also all the talk from the English-speaking side about superpowers and how cool it was, had me laughing at all the gaijin chuunis who had no idea what they were actually getting into! "What the hell is this moe crap??? Why are they making fun of me"

Despite my expectations and my desire to troll this show, Ishihara-sama showed why he's so awesome. He manages to turn something with a rather run-of-the-mill premise into something interesting and fresh. That seizure inducing OP pretty much told me this show was going to be worth watching. The main heroine was a lot cuter than I expected, so much more so than she was in the "unaired character introduction". I never thought chuunibyou could be so moe.

For the chuunis I hope you have some self deprecating humor within you, you guys are going to need it if you're going to persist with this one, especially with how anti-chuuni the main character seems to be.

Looks like we're in for a moe-fest, buckle your seatbelts, we're in for a ride!

Last edited by Ceral; 2012-10-03 at 22:43.
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote