View Single Post
Old 2012-12-10, 16:54   Link #105
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalena View Post
It makes sense that the adults would be in on the charade, but I think at some point in the story it will be necessary to show when the line is drawn. At this point there is no reason to assume that the adults, simply by virtue of being of a certain age, are somehow more in control of their emotions. As we've seen from Saki's parents and their constant emotional outbursts, this doesn't seem to be the case at all. Thus, I would be interested in know at what age the curtain is pulled back.
Why not? Adults in general are able to manage their emotions better than teenagers. It's a fact. The problem with telling teenagers the horrible truth is that their emotions are far too volatile at this age, there's no telling how they'd react. Adults should have enough maturity to handle it better. Not to mention, teenagers are still in danger of being removed, so telling them everything would only increase their stress and create more karma demons. Better to wait until they're permanent members of society before revealing to them they could have been killed at any moment if they had slipped up.

If I were in that kind of situation, I personally would rather be kept in the dark until I'm safe.