View Single Post
Old 2010-06-06, 15:10   Link #208
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanashiki View Post
I really do not feel the same way as you on Yurippe because she had been open with Otonashi on her past life.

I agree that on top of all her shame, guilt and sadness, resentment was also there on why her life is so unfair and she couldn't understand the reason why she is in the limbo area, unable to move on.
I don't think she's been open with Otonashi at all. First of all, as previous comments have pointed out, we can't prove if anyone died. Yuri was the one who told Otonashi and Hinata that they're dead. She herself didn't tell us if she died and we're not shown anything towards that.

On the same thread, she also asserts that she didn't (attempt to) commit suicide. I find it likely that she's lying, because so far she's the only person to state that suicide is a condition for not entering purgatory, while Kanade and Yuzuru concluded that the overarching condition for ending up there is a heavy regret in life.

I don't hate on her, but I think she's either horribly misguided about the purgatory school or she's trying her damned best to stay there out of self-hate, even if she will have to be disingenuous about it.