View Single Post
Old 2010-07-15, 17:50   Link #13931
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
That being said we are all facing a big dilemma of how 18 people could be seen in the same room in EP5 despite the fact such a thing was denied in red and despite the fact that a detective was present.

chronotrig believes to have the solution to this problem, however it doesn't seem very probable to me.

Another more common belief is that Erika's absolute perspective is simply a lie. While it sounds less far-fetched to me, it's still something that completely defies everything that has been told to us and that would make me question the credibility of anything that happens in the metaworld.

Do anyone have a better idea? Personally I'm kinda at loss in this case.
I've been getting more and more convinced that my multi-layer world idea is correct, because it makes it so easy to understand what happened here. Erika's perspective wasn't a lie at all -- there really were 18 people in the parlor, on the layer in which she exists. Her layer obeys the Knox commandments so everything she sees is true with respect to that layer due to her detective authority.

On the underlying layer, there are only 17 people, one of whom was playing the role of the character "Erika". That character was created by somebody, probably Piece Battler on the phone with Jessica, for the game they were going to play. However, neither of those facts matter to Erika's perspective because they apply to a level of reality she doesn't exist on. What she sees is the truth of the game that the "more real" people are playing. Bern never realized what was going on because she thinks the board only consists of a real world and lies by the game master, and has no idea a middle layer of truth exists at all.

Now if only I could come up with a consistent way of prying the red truths from the two layers apart, it might be possible to move forward from there...