View Single Post
Old 2010-07-15, 18:04   Link #13935
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
You say this again and again, but you still have no evidence. If I want to prove that a theory is the correct one, then the burden of proof is on me. Similarly, if you want to prove a theory of mine wrong, the burden of proof is on you. You have made an argument based on assumptions that you haven't proven. I hope you realize that.
You haven't argued it because you have no way to reconcile it. It's not your fault, I don't either. No existing theory really explains it short of a hardline Author Theory "The author says the meta-world characters behaved like this, I don't gotta go into why."

That aside, the burden most assuredly is on a person who believes Shkanon to be true to reconcile Erika's perspective problems in ep5 and ep6 alike. Every explanation I've seen is inconsistent at best and a dodge at worst. There exists, at present, no satisfying way in any theory to why Erika can't see that there are only 17 people present in ep5 yet can at the same time view events not depicted by anyone in the narrative in ep6.

It's a flat contradiction. To everyone's theory. It is intensely problematic.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote