View Single Post
Old 2010-07-15, 18:45   Link #13940
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
Unhappy Not a Hijack, But Really Gobsmacked N00b

Not trying to get in anyone way here, but I'd appreciate it if some the gurus here could give me their impressions of what's next for the series and-or what in the world happened in Episode 6.

See, I just got done reading it, and I shamefully admit, I was kinda letdown by it all. In hindsight, Episode 6 really felt like one long gigantic shoujo love story that some folks have probably been clamoring for a while now, but if there is one Episode I can call "Filler", sadly, this has to be the one.

Yes, Ryukishi dropped some pretty snazzy new hints, but I still don't feel I'm any closer to figuring out just what are the real guts and bolts running beneath the stage yet. The other Episodes in comparison were drolly stringing me along to become more engrossed in the mystery, but this time---it didn't happen. I suppose, in that respect, I should be grateful that seems to be the intention in Episode 7: to rip art even more of the stage's curtains and lay bare more of its ugly innards.

Hey, I loved the character development, and the new characters were just totally off the wall. But even, the now expected final clash at midnight "Event", this time around felt really watered down compared to the example of excellence set by the previous episodes. I'm not trying to be the pessimist here, but even the seemingly shorter length of Episode 5 felt better than what I just digested. ...although I suppose I should admit that I feel Episode 5 had the best 24:00 Answer Session in the entire saga thus far. Guess I just set my expectations too high for something even more stupendous... Anyways!

O Wise Ones, please help me renew my faith in this series. Right now, I just really don't know what I supposed to have "Gotten" from Episode 6. Yes, there's a couple things that resonated with me, namely: the deepening conspiracy surrounding Ange, and we got another look Mystery Person X who could be "Origin" behind the present Beatrice. Other than that, all this business about "Love" and "Furniture" went right off the deep end!