View Single Post
Old 2006-12-30, 09:06   Link #258
HeartNana

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Haven't posted here for a while, just some stuff I'd like to say before I sleep.

Ryoko's character songs are brilliant, beautiful and outstanding.

Who could have thought that Hare Hare Yukai could sound so negative, malicious and evil.

Koyubi de Gyutsu!, postive, beautiful but when you remember its Ryoko who's singing, you start thinking whether its sarcasm, great acting or does she actually feel that way?

Cool Edition, the song portrays the other side of Ryoko perfectly. Its my favourite character song now, beating Toki no Puzzle and Yuki, Muon Madobe nite. Its the type of song that increases your pulse, causes vasodilation, perks your senses and you find yourself still shivering from excitement after Ryoko says 'jaa ne'.
Wow, i feel pretty much the same way about Ryoko's CD. I think i still like Haruhi's Parallel Days the best, but Ryoko's CD is outstanding.

Koyubi de Gyuu! is yeah, a cute positive song. I think the way it looks is that the cd starts off with the cute positive image that Ryoko is given at the beginning of the series. She's the "pretty girl" with a positive attitude and the "idol" singing about things like how she wants both you and me to hold each other and how she can hear everyone saying "good morning" and all that cute sunshiney stuff.
Then we get to the middle of the CD with COOL EDITION which starts to get into the REAL Ryoko as opposed to the image she was giving (which was what the first song i imagine is) talking about how things like her meaning isnt her own, and how she wants to go out with a last waltz. Lyrics aside, the song isn't dark, but it takes a more serious tone to it than koyubi. (btw for the lyrics, its mokuteki, not mokudeki. Mokuteki = purpose)

And then Ryokos version of Hare Hare Yukai is fantastic too. First off, i think its sung really well, but the slight changes in lyrics makes a huge difference to the tone of the song. Its still the same upbeat melody but with a completely different meaning. Its awesome.

I havent bought Tsuraya's yet (waiting till i see it for cheap)