View Single Post
Old 2009-08-16, 00:13   Link #1720
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Spoiler for EP 5:

As far as this game goes I'm a little miffed honestly. Not even at Erika. Just at lack of development in pre-existing characters. I find it hilarious that we're raging about Erika and Bern and Lambda when at the same time we still have no idea what Battler's sin is, nor do we get many hints in the game about it. What the hell.

Honestly next episode I demand a Rudolf-Kyrie-Asumu centric arc. This way we can finally get a more general idea of what kind of character Asumu is and maybe clues on Battler's sin. Inserting a million new characters is nice and all, but seriously when will enough be enough Ryukishi. This cast is going to be bigger than the Touhou cast by the time the series ends.

/rant
I thought of it this way: Bern and Lambda hijacked the story like kids interrupting somebody in order to share what they think happens next, and went out of their way to deus ex machina all the unresolved issues and plotholes that kept a side from winning. Therefore they gave absolutely no regard to the story and characters themselves as they were just rushing to get it done. (this plus the liberal use of red truth makes me doubt that any of those red truths apply to other games, maybe even if they were explicitly stated to do so)

Battler, of course, is pissed because they're acting like children and not taking it seriously, and epic asskicking ensues.