View Single Post
Old 2013-03-15, 20:07   Link #38
Kitsueki
会津

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
so far, oetsu is easily my least favorite. i dont like his personality or character design. he's like another killerbee. not only is he off-putting and ethnically stereotypical, his functionality seems to contradict what we already knew about zanpakutous. i much preferred them being of a closer origination to the individual shinigami who wields them. having just one person dole them out seems silly to me. it also means that he has constant contact with SS when squad zero clearly doesnt have constant contact so it doesnt add up on many levels. it also adds to ichigo's insane amount of powers since he apparently has this power as well to manifest zanpakutous...
I got the impression you think shinigami don't 'create' the zanpakutou spirits themselves. They imbue the spirit into their weapon, and use that to release the spirit. All the creation is mostly done by the shinigami wielding it. It's just the 'container', that Oetsu creates. I think the thing here, is that.. since he did not create the asauchi, it isn't in his ability to mend it. Possibly even that he doesn't want to take responsibility for it, since Ichigo can learn to do it himself.

Asauchi are just physical objects.. 'Zanpakutou' are those physical objects which house a spirit.

Although there were two people with Hyourinmaru, so the creation part is at odds it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
if yes Hikifune were compared to Unohana example is surpassed in terms of the power ... Hikifune and like other members of the division 0 have assets incredible power they should all be as strong as Yamamoto I think ... or at the same level
With recent revelations, in a sense I was correct. Kyouraku, Ukitake, and Unohana.. out of all of them, I'm not aware of any significant creations. What has me curious is, the fact that Yamamoto was apparently eligible for the promotion.. what has he brought to the table to warrant it?