View Single Post
Old 2008-03-19, 12:10   Link #251
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Actually Pheles primarily uses her fists to fight, so that makes her very up and personal with the opposition. But thats not even the point - whatever power would it be, i can't for the life of me picture Kazumi actually using it to attack something, never mind kill. It doesn't matter what kind of power she has; if she can't utilize it to dispatch her enemies, she is a hindrance in battle. With Kazumi's personality i find it hard to imagine her being anything but pathetic in actual battle.
Think about that story in like episode 9 about Margery's past. That boy was very similar in that you wouldn't see him fighting, even with his personality. That's why I think Kazumi could become one if she wanted to. Besides, if it was for Sakai-kun, I think she would be able to show some female-garness in battle.

Quote:
Its still a very far fetch, and i can't see why Pheles would want to contract anything - that would only make her weaker and dependent on Kazumi, which is the last thing you want to depend on in combat.

Why would she want to contract Kazumi ? What is in it for her ? She isn't looking for a companion on whose shoulder to cry on (besides - she dislikes Kazumi). Nor is Johan fully dead as it seems, and she has her own agenda. Tomogoras (and Flame Haze) are out to kill. Basically with disregard for human life, as that is not their concern. Is Kazumi even remotely capable of that ? Is Pheles even concerned about keeping the world's balance, which is the purpose of Flame Haze ?
Kazumi would provide a link for Johan and Pheles, as Pheles could always be near him in Yuji. She couldn't just stay around Yuji herself, as she realizes she's not one to be trusted by him. But as a contractor, she'd be more than able to always be with him in some form.
And Pheles in my opinion is concerned about the world's balance, because her lover Johan is. He told her to not eat humans, and they fought against Tomogara together with Wilhelemina, who was definately trying to protect the world's balance.

Quote:
In the first place, as far as i can tell, Guze no Ou that form contracts are ones that are interested in keeping the world's balance, but are so strong that their direct presence alone disturbs it. (Alastor true form). That why they form contracts - so they could further their own agenda which would be impossible for them otherwise. They aren't looking for chat buddies. Since Pheles doesn't have those problems (which basically means she is weak compared to Alastor and probably the rest of Guze no Ou of the main cast) why would she have the even slightest of interests in a contract.

Contracts are formed because of need - both parties have an agenda they can't achieve otherwise. And there is no such need for Pheles. I am not even sure there is one for Kazumi, as i don't think she would throw everything away to keep tailing what she knows is unrequited crush.
Pheles's and Kazumi's needs are the same - love. Pheles cannot be with Johan eternally any other way, and Kazumi cannot become part of Yuji's world without doing this.

Also, I kind of feel bad about talking about this in the Episode 22 thread... Is there any chance my request for a Kazumi thread could get a reconsideration?