View Single Post
Old 2011-07-10, 09:12   Link #848
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
That's something on what she'd have nightmares in real life and rightfully so. From the same artist, there's another one with Anisette showing her "fruit killing skills" on a Rebel.

That's why I wonder whether or not our beloved characters (in fanfics) would be able to unleash the beast within themselves to rip enemies (Imperials and Rebels alike) piece by piece... after witnessing town burnings, mass executions of civilians, etc. At times, I made the analogy about COD:World at War on the Russian front about what if our Gallians (with the help of other countries) pushed the Imperials towards their capital after Imperials started another invasion just a few years after EWII. Would some of them have gone rampaging, burning, killing and doing worse things on Imperial lands to make sure "they deserve everything they get... and more"? Possibly.
This is one of the many reasons Maxmillian's invasion was doomed to fail. The Imperials have no intention of winning Gallian hearts and minds. As the Dutch and the Belgians showed the Nazis, you can conquer lands, but without conquering hearts and minds, the resistance will be significant.

As for Gallia cutting into Imperial lands, I wouldn't bet on it, not by a long mile.