Thread: Crunchyroll Nichijou
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-24, 23:34   Link #1672
Midonin
Last Engage

Maybe it's because I watched it at midnight, the closest I'll get to any time the shows air in Japan while still being in my own time zone, that lent the show a mystical quality. The environment one watches something in can have an effect. It made the show feel like a reminiscence of the day's previous events, I suppose.

How to have a surprise party for someone who wasn't technically born is an interesting theory to pursue, one far beyond Nichijou's capabilities, though one it answers with a simple "Nano is Nano." That's all Yuuko needs. (Tonight's episode is brought to you by The Smashing Pumpkins. And now back to our show.)

Looking at the fabric of the universe, Yuuko is the one things happen to, but Nano is the one things happen for. I get the feeling that if Sakamoto weighed his options a bit more carefully, he'd realize that Nano respects him and treats him as a fellow member of the household. If there was a reason to stay at Shinonome over Nakamura, she'd be the weight that tips the scale in favor.

Last episode resolved the schoolgirl side, this one resolves the Shinonome Lab side. (Principal Shinonome?) For a certain value of "resolves", but I don't mean that as an insult. This is a rich universe, one that stretches far beyond the boundaries of the screen. Details added by KyoAni and by the author paint a vast world, one ripe for future potential.

A veritable theater of the absurd, but one that "clicked" for me. I know what makes shows click, and they often have a certain unifying factor. I believe this one was there. I have ideas on how to further extrapolate this universe.

Characters.
Concepts.
Comedy.

All abundant in splendid form.
Good job, KyoAni.
Good job, Nichijou.
As it was with Sasahara, a man as flowery as myself, so shall I close things off with a haiku.

One-way feelings-c
in a world gone mad help make
this superb friendship
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote